Sunday 5 May 2013

My man in Beijing!!

What a wonderful windfall!! I have been stressing and stressing about all that has to go with in 2 x 20kgs of luggage. 2 Sleeping bags, a waterpump which we had not sourced when Matilda was shipped, thick jackets, Robert's dinner jacket and accessories for the final dinner in Paris, etc, etc, etc. Then an angel descended in the form of a VERY generous guy (South African who now lives in China), Benjack Phillips, who was flying back to China this morning and offered to take a whole case of 20kg of my stuff for me. He is not really from Beijing but it sounds more dramatic and 007ish!

Suddenly all the tension is gone and when Robert's Ukraine visa arrives we are A for Away! By the way we had visions of picking up all sorts of problems at the Russian Embassy -- all sorts of stories about having to go back 3 or 4 times. Well Robert and I walked in. No queue, a friendly guy behind the counter, helpful, made jokes about the cost of the visa for my British passport and Voila!! Collected the passports and visas the next day!!!

There are now many reasons for me to sleep well tonight. In our marraige we have very strict division of labour. Robert fixes the cars and I do the cooking and stressing. He sleeps well every night!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment